- 1.Use a large pot (6 or 8 Quart) and bring water to boil. Cook pasta according to directions. To save time, while the pasta and meat are cooking, cut the kale, garlic, pepperoni and measure out the ingredients.
- 2.Reserve 2.5 cups of cooking water just before draining pasta. Rinse pasta thoroughly after it is cooked. This will help ensure your pasta doesn’t turn into a one big block of noodles. Take my word for it – we learned the hard way.
- 3.Use your same large pot to cook the ground beef on medium heat just until the pink disappears.
- 4.Once the ground beef is browned, reduce heat to medium low. Drain any excess fat from the pan, a little is okay.Add chopped garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- 5.Add reserved pasta liquid, 2 jars of tomato paste and the 2.5 cups of reserved pasta liquid to the ground beef. Mix until sauce is smooth (about 3-5 minutes). Reduce heat to low if the sauce starts to bubble.
- 6.Add Italian seasoning, salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Cook for a 1-2 minutes.
- 7.Add the chopped kale to the pasta sauce mixture. Mix until well combined, until kale wilts (3-4 minutes).
- 8.Add cooked pasta and pepperoni to sauce mixture. Stir until well combined. Serve!
No reviews for this Repice
Pepperoni Pasta Recipe
- 24 ounces - Organic Green or Red Lentil Pasta Penne (We use Tolerant brand)
- 1 pound - Grass-Fed Ground Beef
- 5 ounces - Uncured Pepperoni
- 12 ounces - Tomato Paste
- 5 cloves - Fresh Garlic
- 2 bunches - Kale
- 5 tablespoons - Italian Seasoning
- 1.5 teaspoons - Salt (Use Pink Himalayan if you have access to it)
- 2 teaspoons - Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon - Red Pepper Flakes (*Optional)